My Bora Birthday Treat



I celebrated my birthday last year on the beautiful beach of Boracay. I was with my family and very close friends to share the moment of celebrating another year of thanksgiving.

Boracay was always not that appealing to me whenever people would talk about their experience with the island. They said, it is a paradise island and they would like to return to experience the white sands of Boracay. I was never really a fan of the island, not until when we first went there with the family of my wife. It was indeed an enchanting place full of people, all of which just waiting for their one great moment with a special someone or a future special someone from the sea of wandering people.





Yes, there are seasons when the accommodation could slice a big part of the budget, but I would always suggest looking for a secure place to stay and not go for the fancy one. After all, your purpose is to explore the white sands and bask under the sun then enjoy some thrill ride in the blue waters of the island.



Food can be expensive when you opt for fine dining but some places offer decent food at a very affordable price. There are fast food chains scattered and if your accommodation has a place to cook, you can explore the wet market. We cooked our food, this way we were able to save a lot and enjoy our best dishes.

I was surprised by a birthday song by midnight and a cupcake that nobody can afford to buy the thought of sheer happiness I felt. We had some bottles of beer before hitting the sack and yes they know I can't stay any longer because I have to fly to Bangkok on the next day - my birthday.



This is one of my greatest moments with the people I love and will be part of my travel treasure. Thank you JL, Ebet, Ahra, Flordan, Annalee (Dear), and my wife and Clive. I love you all!


Boracay has served a pocket of the best moments that I will forever keep in my heart. Whenever I feel like reminiscing, I'm sure I can always fly in and out of the island.

Comments