Khob-kun-Ka Bangkok!



I brought home a good impression of Bangkok. The people that are warm and friendly that you somehow feel the same hospitality as Filipinos.


The streets are almost litter-free and the vehicles are not honking even if you see traffic similar to Manila. I have observed that they are very religious and the people are pleasant. Public transport is a good example of that when loading and unloading passengers. They let the people get out of the train first and wait patiently before they board the train. I have not seen them pushing each other to get a space on the train.


There are many convenience stores on every corner of the street. I was able to have a free time although in the evening but not that late and I was able to explore Silom night market and the aroma of their street food would send you guessing what food could it be. I like the taste of the sticky rice and the fried chicken that is very affordable. Rice noodles are the best and they have that spice that will kick your appetite to another level.

I went inside 7-11 and was looking for a beer to help me sleep. I was kind of choosy that night because most of the beers on display were local and finally when I saw San Miguel Beer I immediately opened the cooler compartment, only then I was told by the crew in Thai and made a hand signal "no, no." He showed me the sign and it says that you can no longer buy a beer if it is 9:00 PM or 10:00 PM (not sure of the time though). But I am sure, you cannot purchase liquor beyond their cut-off time. You can enjoy them, however, if you are inside the bar or someplace that serves beer.


My experience in Bangkok was enchanting and at the same time gastronomically rewarding. My new friends took me to Baiyoke Sky for an evening buffet, a lunch over at Shangri La Restaurant and a birthday treat at some posh seafood restaurant in Bangkok.


The ruins of Ayutthaya and the elephants that make you feel so small will be part of my treasured travel experience. Exploring the floating market while eating one of the best rice noodles - Pad Thai. I was able to haggle a souvenir that was originally priced at 1,500BAHT and I got it for only 400BAHT. Thanks to my Thai-speaking friends.

I would be back and experience again Bangkok!

Comments