Agas-Agas, Southern Leyte


How does one define fear?
It could be something that you do not want to experience because the thought of it sends you to unimaginable thoughts of dying or excruciating pain that could haunt you for the rest of your life. It can be anything in this world as long as there is the feeling of doubt and uncomfortable that risking yourself will make you regret that it happened.


I will conquer every fear that I know I can manage that will make me a better person in the end. There is a fighter within me that says that fear is only a part of the thrill and the rest is in the books I have yet to discover.


After the birth of my beloved son, we headed to Agas-Agas, which is part of Southern Leyte to experience the zip line that crosses over one of the tallest bridges in Asia that is enough to send you to hell for about 45 seconds of hanging on a God-knows-safe harness that will take you to the other side of the bridge. While I was observing whatever fate I deserve on what I am about to take, I was looking for valid reasons why should I do it.


There were a handful of wannabe daredevils that took the flight without any signed waiver or some sort of reminder that this activity could lead to serious fatality. I have been thinking about what it would be like if I suddenly fell from the zip line or a sudden massive earthquake happens where both endpoints were extracted while I was having my sort glory flight. Dead meat!


Even if have the craziest thoughts of dying I bought the ticket, signed on the logbook that I purchased a ticket to Afghanistan then waited for my turn to be pushed and face the fear of heights. Something weird came up to my mind while I was in the middle of the zip line I remember that I have to scream because I just want to scream. There was no perfect reason why I have to scream and it's weird, right? Perhaps it helps the people from the starting point recognize that I did not faint or I was having the time of my life. Yes indeed!

While today as I am punching keys to make this blog entry, my problem is my complexion because of the long road trip and the sun was smiling the whole day, I am back to being a walking shadow. I have to go back to step one to make my skin lighter. Haist! Prayer cream every night again.

Fear is only in your mind. If you will not conquer it, you will never get the chance to say that “I did it!” or “at least I tried”. Conquer your fear one step at a time and it will give you good memories that you can cherish as you grow old while waiting for the sun to come down as you sip another good cup of coffee after writing a fresh adventure of your life.

Comments