The Traveling Couple




We never told the world that we started to miss each other when classes were on again. We look forward to every morning because we will see each other again. The never ending karaoke nights (with Enrico Cortaga and Ma. Lourdes Alonzo) and billiards at Judge Bar made everything so cool with us. Silly as it may sound, yes, it started with friendship. We were introduced by a common friend (Eric Lleve) and that is where everything began.
It was on May 13, even if the number seems odd, but we are not chinoys that we consider to move an important celebration just to please the spirits. Then goes the everyday set of petty quarrels that even our friends bet their life that we will not make it to the altar of the religious. It was very funny everyday knowing that I have to argue with you or you have to argue with me. It seems like we are not the best match if you would consult the match maker. We called it us and finally we encountered more heated arguments but we were never bitter about it. We were just like children making our own life more colorful and meaningful.
We got married by a fixer just so we could put things together (December 8, 2002) and we settled properly in a church (March 16, 2003 - San Vicente Ferrer Parish, Urgello, Cebu City) after the non-appearance marriage rites in Manila. Living with you is not simple and I doubt if you could tell me the same because I am a self-confessed difficult person (OC often times).

Now it's your birthday and I am more than happy that we are celebrating it this year with the people we care and love. Of course we wished that more of them can join us because we really love to party with the right kind of people. I remember one birthday of yours that we celebrated in Guimaras. It was perfect! God blessed us to be alone in a nice resort (but we were scared because it was a big resort he he he). Then we went to Iloilo and we almost had an argument finding a pensione house because it was like an Amazing Race and the people we asked were not cooperative. God really loves us so much that he directed us to Biscocho Pensione House (he he he) before we could even start to fight.
Then came along one of the greatest gift from God - Clive Sebastian. We struggled so much to meet our own expectations and yes we had more disagreements. We almost lost each other but we realized that we will not be comfortable if we lost each other. God spent more time with us because he gifted us with a loving family to guide us in making our own family. Thanks to the de Veyra's - the most wonderful and loving people who embraced us with so much love. Thank you also to Nanay for being so concerned about Clive and Mum who also cares for our little bundle of joy.
Happy birthday to you my sweetie! May we have more wonderful years that is full of love for each other for ever. I know you still keep that letter I gave you, that when one day, if I said that I have lost it, you will give it back to me (the wake-up call letter). I may not know how much you love me, but I have felt the gravity of that affection that could move mountains. I love you and Clive more.

Comments