Reminiscing Davao




     Traveling is really one way of learning new things. I am in Davao right now. It is one of the biggest islands in the Philippines. I thought this trip would not really materialize because we never really planned everything, except of course for the tickets which was from the ZERO fare of my beloved CEB.
     We arrived last December 2 and the trip, though short, but it was cool. This is my second time in Davao. The first one was when, all the flights bound to Cebu were fully booked, so I have to divert my flight to Davao and catch the first available flight to Cebu. You would wonder why I would do something like that. It was because I have work on that day. Thanks to our unlimited free of charge (FOC) tickets. Although I was not able to go out of the airport, but still it was Davao International airport. I don’t want to include the process of catching the flight as it required a lot of guts and running to take that flight, not to mention the connections from dispatch.
     If I will live in Davao; I think the place is beautiful. You could embrace serenity when you are in one of the beautiful beaches of Samal Island. It’s not like the usual beach wherein there are a bunch of people that are noisy talking out loud. I have observed that even though there were a lot of people. Oh boy, I have to say this! Did you know that I was able to feed the fish?! Whoa! It was really, really amazing and I like the experience. The fish would come near you and bite a generous size of bread from your hand. I LIKE IT SO MUCH THAT I HAVE TO TYPE THIS IN ALL CAPS. I want to do it again.

     Yes, we visited Pag-asa, the famous Philippine Eagle at the protected conservation farm. It was fun because on our way there, we stopped by a lot of fruit vendors to buy Rambutan, Pomelo, Marang, and Durian. We ate the fruits as we went on the trip. I said to myself, that this is not just a trip. This will also boost my immune system because of the fruits. There were a lot of huge cages for each eagle. The trees were really big that it would be impossible for you to embrace the trunk. There were lots of other bird species. We saw one crocodile. It was a monster thing that you would not want to be in that cage for any reason or price.
     Everything was so informative and fun because of Tito Monching who is very familiar with Davao, aside from his wit and punch lines. I would like to thank also Aunt Edith and her family for the warm welcome and the accommodation. Woodridge is a beautiful village in Davao, very peaceful and safe. I would surely consider living in Davao if I will be assigned here. Her daughter, Carol works for Killer Bee in Davao, so we were greeted on her radio showr. Thanks DJ Cass for promoting CEB and saying hello on the air.
We will visit Davao again in the future. Who would never miss this great city and the people who live here?

Comments