Happy Birthday to Me


When I was younger I used to think that tomorrow will just be another part of my life. Future was not a huge thing that I was worried about. Nothing serious, that was it. All I wanted was to be free and do things without restrictions. I wanted to live in a fast paced life because of the things I wanted to do on my own. When you are aiming to reach your dreams, you have to have a lot of guts. Frustrations were part of the whole experience. It was a road full of things to be learned. There was no one to lean on. I always have guts in my pocket and a prayer in my head that I can make it.

Life right now as a husband and a father is another story to tell. Discussion was always an issue between us because both of us have a very strong personality. Things were not easy on us before and even now. We never get tired of goodbyes and forgiveness. Perhaps, this is really part of the husband and wife contract. I always asked this question to my wife whenever a couple we know separated; "Why is it so easy for them to call it quits?" Maybe because, both of us were a product of a broken relationship and we do not want things that happened to our parents, happen to us? It could be a possibility, right? We experienced the pain of not having both of them to stand for us. Nevertheless, things happened in the past and we moved on without any bitterness to anyone. I guess we were thankful that we have a big family right now and they acknowledged us.
When Clive came to us by surprise last 2009. We realized a lot of things in life. Patience was among them for sure. Staying almost awake for the whole night to mind a baby is not an easy task to do. Now I understand why parents in general have the same lines when they get mad. Honestly, when I look at some teenager smoking, I think about my son. What will I do if I caught him smoking? What will I do if he joins a fraternity? I am freaking out. Then among all of the things that I think about my son, what I fear the most is to die young. This is the most difficult part of parenthood that I do not want to happen soon. I want to spend more time with my son. Another year to add to make me a little bit older and it starts a few hours from now. This is something I should be thankful, because GOD has given me a lot of things to learn in this life.
     Cheers for 32 years old of existence!

Comments